17 Things Every Woman Should Know How to Do
One of the most memorable things that my dad taught me was to be self sufficient. He strongly believes that no girl should have to rely on others to get things done (especially when you can learn to do it yourself). The last thing any of us should be is a damsel in distress. So here are 17 things to bring out the Xena in all of us!
1. Change a tire.
2. Change your oil (or at the very least know your vehicle information so that you can properly schedule to get it done).
3. Shoot a gun.
4. Check your vehicle levels.
5. Jump a car.
6. Mow the lawn.
7. Budget and understand your finances.
8. Read a map (even if you have GPS).
9. Throw a good punch (properly…without breaking a thumb).
10. Go out alone (theater, restaurant, drive around town).
11. Comfortably drive long distance.
12. Complete minor home repairs (plunge a toilet, unclog a drain, etc.)
13. How to use basic tools (i.e, hammer, screw driver).
14. Make travel arrangements.
15. A push up (on your toes).
16. Negotiate a purchase.
17. How to say no.
Learning to do any one of these things is a step towards independence. And every woman should be able to rely on herself!